Monday, October 10, 2011

Bloggers

Even though I've kept this blog for over three years, I don't really consider myself "a blogger." Probably because few of my friends and family members blog themselves, and even fewer of them read my blog. I've never really blogged for the comments; I've mostly just blogged because I have things to say.

Lately though, I've been reading a great deal of personal blogs, and I have been starting to see blogging as a legitimate way to exercise my creativity. I find it somewhat inspiring to read blogs about the lives of people I've never met, but to see how much purpose and soul goes into their storytelling. I don't know if I can be that person who shares so much of her personal life with the general public. Yeah, I know that by posting the details of my life on the internet, anyone is free to read about it. But few enough people actually do that I hardly feel like an open book. But there's just something magical about reading people's stories. It gives me insight on humanity. It reminds me that I am not as strange as I sometimes think I am. It reminds me that of all of those little things that I struggle with, there is someone out there who has struggled before. I love those moments when I read someones blog and I think to myself: "You do that too!? I thought I was the only one!!"

I think I want to become a blogger. Rather than just having a blog, I think I want to be one of those people who helps to connect the world through the sharing of unique experiences. I'm not looking for more readers per se, but I am looking to improve my blog and improve my writing habits. I'm not entirely sure I have the discipline and the guts to take the time to share my stories, but I am going to try and see what happens.

In the meantime, here are a few links that have inspired my recent personal blog fetish. Do you have any that you would like to share with me?

HopefulLeigh, a blog about Christianity, singleness, and life in the south
Loralee's Looney Tunes, a blog about parenting, death, and raising boys
The Jacksons, a blog about grief and loss
The Nienie Dialogues, a blog about parenting, overcoming tragedy

Don't worry; I'm sure I'll find more.

Wish me luck!

No comments: